A 1200 kcal diet menu is useful for those who want to lose weight quickly and without health consequences. It is exclusively suitable for men/women who do not suffer from gastrointestinal problems and are not exposed to physical exertion.
The main criteria for proper nutrition
The diet for any diet should be balanced and complete. This is the basis for proper nutrition (PP).
Its basic rules:
- The inclusion in the diet of foods rich in vitamins, minerals, polyunsaturated fatty acids and other beneficial substances;
- Replacement of simple carbohydrates with complex ones;
- Nutrition according to a clear schedule;
- Separation of food into small portions;
- Exclusion from the diet of fast food, convenience foods, fatty and fried foods;
- Daily intake of at least 2 liters of water;
- Limited intake of salt, sugar.
- Any diet that is safe for the body is based on the basic rules of PP. Their observance not only contributes to weight loss but also has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body.
Why exactly 1200 kcal
1200 kcal – a daily minimum to which it is possible to reduce the diet without causing harm to the body. Therefore, such a number of calories is considered optimal for fast and safe weight loss.
If the energy value of the daily menu falls even lower, a person will begin to experience not only severe hunger, but also lethargy, fatigue. Important processes and metabolism will begin to be disturbed in the body.
The average number of required calories per day for a healthy woman is 2000. If you reduce their number to 1200, you can quickly lose weight, “dry” the body, get rid of the fat layer. At the same time, a balanced diet will help prevent malnutrition and health problems.
The speed of losing weight on a diet of 1200 kcal depends on factors such as age, state of health, level of activity and individual characteristics of the woman’s body. On average, about 5-7 kg is lost in 1 month.
In the first 7 days, the results are often almost or completely absent due to the adaptation of the body to a new diet, but in the future there is a stable loss of 1-3 kg per week. The results are more effective at the initial large overweight woman and less at low.
The diet is based on limiting the energy value of the daily diet to 1200 kcal.
In addition, during weight loss it is recommended to adhere to the basic principles of a healthy diet: eliminate harmful foods, eat carbohydrates in the morning, do not abuse sweet and flour products.
The daily diet menu should consist of natural low-calorie foods that can energize the body and saturate with useful substances.
- Cereals (buckwheat, rice, barley, oatmeal, bulgur, couscous, etc.)
- Durum wheat pasta;
- Rye and whole grain bread;
- Vegetables, root crops;
- Fresh and dried greens;
- Dairy: yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese with a small percentage of fat;
- Hard cheeses;
- Low-fat sea fish (cod, halibut, pollock, pink salmon, etc.);
- Seafood (squid, shrimp, mussels, crabs, octopuses);
- Bread rolls, biscuits;
- Chicken and quail eggs;
- Low-fat varieties of meat and poultry (chicken, turkey, veal, beef, rabbit meat);
- Vegetable oils (sunflower, sesame, linseed, corn);
- Dried fruits;
- Bitter chocolate;
- Mild spices and spices;
- Drinks (decoctions, compotes, green and herbal teas, chicory, coffee).
It is advisable to regularly change the composition of products in the diet menu, to add variety to it. This will help to saturate the body with the necessary vitamins and nutrients.
Prohibited Products List
It is necessary to exclude foods rich in fats and simple carbohydrates from the diet.
- Purchased sweets (cakes, pastries, sweets, cookies);
- Buns, white bread and other products from yeast or pastry;
- Fast food;
- Semi-finished products, including canned food, smoked meats, pickled and salted products;
- Fatty meats and fish;
- Fat, lard;
- Dairy products with a high percentage of fat content;
- Spicy spices;
- Ketchup, mayonnaise and other purchased sauces;
- Sweet carbonated and alcoholic drinks.
It is recommended to limit the consumption of potatoes, sweet fruits, berries (they stimulate the production of gastric juice, increasing appetite), but you should not completely abandon these products.
Number of meals
The effectiveness of the diet increases fractional nutrition – eating small meals every 2.5-3 hours.
The standard daily diet is divided into 5 meals:
- Breakfast – 300 kcal. It consists of complex carbohydrates: cereals, fruits, casseroles, bread rolls. It is recommended to start before 08:00.
- Second breakfast – 130 kcal. It includes nutritious, quickly saturating and rich in carbohydrates food: sweet fruits and dried fruits, nuts, cheese. Begins at 10:30.
- Lunch – the most voluminous meal, 420 kcal. Includes soups, meat or fish dishes, a side dish in the form of cereals or vegetables. Begins at 13:30.
- Snack – 130 kcal. Consists of vegetables, fruits, dairy products. Begins at 16:00.
- Dinner – 220 kcal. It includes light protein foods (poultry, fish, cottage cheese), green vegetables with a minimum content of carbohydrates. Begins at 18:30.
If you feel hungry after dinner, you are allowed to drink 1 tbsp. kefir, fermented baked milk, yogurt without filler. This should be done no later than half an hour before bedtime.
Calculation of a personal dosage of calories
Personal calorie intake depends on the age and physical parameters of the person. For women, it is calculated according to the Harris-Benedict formula.
BMR = 447.6 + (9.2 × weight, kg) + (3.1 × height, cm) – (4.3 × age, years).
The resulting number is multiplied by a coefficient depending on the level of activity:
the minimum is 1.2;
low – 1,375;
average – 1.55;
high – 1.725;
intense sports, hard physical labor – 1.9.
Based on an individual calorie rate, personalized diet options are made up.
The diet is based on personal preferences.
For a day
- Breakfast: oatmeal in milk with honey, orange juice;
- Second breakfast: baked apple, cottage cheese;
- Lunch: borsch, cucumber, and tomato salad, chicken cutlet, apple juice;
- Afternoon snack: kefir;
- Dinner: baked fish, vinaigrette.
In addition to the main menu, you can drink herbal decoctions, tea or coffee without sugar.
For a week
Approximate menu for the week:
|Breakfast||Snacks 1||Lunch||Snacks 2||Dinner|
|Mon||Oatmeal on the water with grated apple, cottage cheese||Pumpkin and carrot fresh||Chicken soup, buckwheat, vegetable salad||An Apple||Steamed fillet hake with vegetables, vinaigrette|
|Tue||Whole grain sandwich with cheese and tomato, orange juice||Banana||Green borsch, oven-baked potatoes, grated cabbage, and carrot salad||Greek yogurt||Pepper stuffed with minced chicken, compote|
|Wed||Buckwheat in milk, hard-boiled egg, apple juice||Fruit salad||Mushroom soup, veal, baked under cheese with vegetables, compote||An Apple||Rice with steamed chicken cutlets, cucumber and tomato salad|
|Thu||Steam omelet with tomatoes and cheese, orange||Peach||Broccoli puree soup, hake fillet, baked in foil with herbs, grated beetroot salad with garlic||Cottage cheese with berries||Shrimp Salad with Avocado, Baked Vegetables|
|Fri||Oatmeal in milk with dried fruits and honey, apple||Citrus fresh||Beetroot soup, chicken salad with vegetables, compote||Yogurt, rosehip broth||Baked pollock with vegetable stew, kefir|
|Sat||Cheesecakes with honey, fresh berries||Pear||Pumpkin puree soup, Greek salad, grilled chicken fillet with spices||An Apple||Buckwheat, vegetable salad with tuna|
|Sun||Cottage cheese casserole with almonds, fruit salad||Peach||Borsch with veal, risotto with seafood, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes||Fresh berries with sour cream||Chicken roll with mushrooms and cheese, cucumber and tomato salad|
There are also ready-made rations for 1200 kcal per day:
On a diet, it is allowed to eat soups based on lean meat, fish, vegetable, mushroom broths. For lunch, any first courses are allowed subject to calorie content and the use of permitted foods.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Dish ingredients
- 400 g chicken
- 200 g egg noodles;
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 carrot;
- 1 feather of green onions;
Cook the noodles in a separate bowl, strain. Rinse the breasts, put in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove, transfer to a pan with cold water, bring the mass to a boil and keep on fire for 15 minutes.
Dice the carrots and add to the broth with meat. Pour the finished noodles there, salt, remove from heat. Remove the chicken breast from the finished soup, cut into pieces and put back. Serve the soup, sprinkled with chopped green onions.
- 1 chicken breast;
- 1 onion;
- 1 potato;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 bunches of sorrel leaves;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 4 eggs;
Boil eggs until hard yolks. Dice the potatoes, grate the carrots, chop the onion, chop the garlic. Rinse chicken, chop, put in a pan with cold water and bring the mixture to a boil.
Add vegetables, salt, cook for 10-15 minutes. Rinse the sorrel, pour it into the soup. Cook another 5 minutes. Peel the eggs, dice them and add to the soup before serving.
For the preparation of main dishes on a diet, dietary varieties of meat and fish are used. They are stewed in sauces, baked with spices, used for the preparation of meatballs, meatballs and other minced meat products.
- 200 g salmon filet;
- Lemon juice and zest;
- 300 ml of water;
- 1 sprig of rosemary;
Cut the fish into small pieces, sprinkle with lemon juice, sprinkle with zest, salt, and leave for 5-7 minutes. Pour water into a double boiler, put a sprig of rosemary. Put salmon on a grid and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Sour Cream Meatballs
- 0.5 kg of veal minced meat;
- ½ onion;
- 100 ml of water;
- 300 g of sour cream;
- ¾ Art. l flour;
Stuffing mix with finely chopped onion, form small balls from the resulting mass. Combine sour cream with flour and water, salt, put on fire and bring to a boil. Put meatballs, cook 25 minutes on low heat.
Various vegetable slices are used as appetizers and snacks on the diet: from cucumbers and tomatoes, carrots and cabbage, beets and garlic, etc. Original salads prepared according to the following recipes will help diversify the menu.
Beans and Peppers
- 200 g of boiled white beans;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 onion;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar (6%);
- 1 tsp tomato paste.
Mix the tomato paste with oil and vinegar. In the resulting sauce, put the beans, mix. Chop the onion into half rings, pepper into thin strips, chop the garlic finely. Add the ingredients to the salad, salt it, sprinkle with herbs. Before serving, insist on the dish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- crab meat or surimi – 50 g;
- mussels – 50 g;
- squid – 50 g;
- peeled shrimp – 50 g;
- gherkins – 50 g;
- yogurt – 20 g;
- balsamic vinegar – 2 ml;
- dried herbs;
Squids, mussels, boiled shrimp, finely chop. Chop the crab meat. Mix yogurt with vinegar and herbs, salt. Add seafood to the resulting dressing and mix thoroughly.
Purchased desserts during the diet should be completely excluded. Replace them with analogues of their own cooking.
Microwave Curd Casserole
- 0.5 kg of cottage cheese;
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. l honey;
- a pinch of vanillin.
Rub the cottage cheese, beat in the egg, add honey and vanillin, mix everything thoroughly. Put the mass in a heat-resistant form and put in the microwave for 7 minutes. After turning off the oven, insist 3 more minutes before serving.
Raffaello for PP
- 130 g of cottage cheese;
- 30 ml of milk;
- 20 g coconut flakes;
- 10 g of raisins;
- 1 tbsp. l honey;
- hazelnuts or almonds – by the number of candies.
Mash the cottage cheese, mix with honey, chopped raisins and half a coconut. Wet balls to form balls from the resulting mass. Inside each of them put a nut, roll in the remaining chips and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
When cooking dishes for proper nutrition, frying in oil is excluded.
Recommended methods in which products retain vitamins and nutrients:
- Steam cooking;
It is sometimes permitted to fry food on a grill or dry pan without oil.
In order to maintain the result and not harm the body, it is necessary to gradually switch from diet to standard nutrition.
The total energy value of the daily diet should increase slowly, by 150-200 kcal per week.
So a complete exit from the diet will take 1 month, during which the body adapts to the changes.
Feasible side effects
Lack of calories in the diet sometimes leads to unpleasant consequences.
- Fatigue, lethargy;
- The fragility of nails, hair, teeth;
- Hormonal disruptions;
- Joint inflammation.
Side effects occur if the body receives less than 2/3 of the required calorie intake. Therefore, the diet is not recommended for frequent sports or large excess weight.
Contraindications and harm
The diet is not suitable for people suffering from the following diseases:
- Gastrointestinal tract pathology;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Thyroid problems;
- Hormonal disorders;
- Oncological diseases.
To abstain from a diet of 1200 kcal is during pregnancy and lactation. In addition, it is not suitable for children under 18 years of age and women during menopause.
Improve the effectiveness of the diet will help nutritionists tips:
- In the morning, 20-30 minutes before breakfast, you need to drink on an empty stomach 1 tbsp. water with lemon juice. This activates the metabolism, will increase the speed of metabolic processes in the body.
- It’s worth eating often, but in small portions – 200-300 g each. Reducing the amount of food consumed at a time gradually eliminates the stretching of the stomach and reduces the feeling of hunger.
- Chew food slowly, carefully. It helps to get better.
- With severe hunger, it is worth a snack healthy low-calorie foods: apple, carrots, tomatoes. This will not affect the figure in any way but will help eliminate discomfort.
The recommendations should be observed not only during the diet but also in everyday nutrition. This will make it possible to better save the result.